The Get Up: Why is the Get Up so beneficial?
- Promotes cross lateralization (getting right brain to work with left side)
- Promotes upper body stability
- Promotes lower body stability
- Promotes reflexive stability of the trunk and extremities
- Ties the right arm to the left leg, and left arm to the right leg
- Gets the upper extremities working reciprocally (legs too)
- Stimulates the vestibular system (1 of the 3 senses that contribute to balance)
- Stimulates the visual system (the second of 3 senses that contribute to balance)
- Stimulates the proprioception system (3rd of the 3 systems that contribute to balance)
- Promotes spatial awareness
- Develops a front/back weight shift
- Develops upper body strength, trunks strength, and hip strength
Check out our video of the get up to further reinforce!